Shop Like A Pro At Your Next Estate/Garage Sale
School is out for most of us and summer is here. Are you thinking about going to a garage or estate sale? Here is a list of things you may want to do to make your next trip a success!
- Map out your route the day before.
- Check craigslist, the newspaper and be sure you are signed up to recieve email newsletter to be notified of Hidden Creations next estate sale.
- Look for multi-family, church or organizations that sound like they will have lots of things you are interested in buying.
- Make a list of things you want to buy and set a budget.
- Know the fair market value of the items you want to purchase so you don’t overpay. If things are overpriced asked if they will come down. If they wouldn’t there are always other sales.
- Bring small bills so that you have exact change.
- The early bird does find the best items. I always say at my estate sales come early for best selection and come back again for best deals.
- Flashlight, measuring tape, paper, pencil, gloves and a mask are always handy to have in your bag.
- Enlist friends and family to go with you. You can divide up and look for certain treasures, one can guard your pile and even help you load the big pieces.
- Bring bags, boxes and packing to wrap up your fragile items. If you plan on buying large items or are an impulse buyer you may want to throw in rubber snubbers, blankets and rope.
- Bring water and snacks
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothes. Dressing in layers as you can remove them as the day warms up.
- Bring an umbrella just in case it rains
- Be kind and have fun at your next estate/garage sale!
Your Trusted Estate Sale & EBay Advisor
Wanted-Antiques, Unusual Things, Furniture For Estate Sale
I have an estate sale scheduled on a ranch in Gridley in Sept. I am looking for some additional large items, antiques or furniture to add to the sale. Do you have some of these treasures in a garage, storage unit, or property that you would like for me to sell? Contact Gail for details my number is 530-693-0386.